How to make quick and easy yakiniku don. Tender slices of beef pan fried in a Japanese style BBQ sauce served on white rice and topped with scallions and an egg yolk. (Doesn't include cooking rice.) Serves 2.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or 1 crushed clove)
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or grated fresh ginger)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 250-300g thinly sliced beef / frying steak (or meat of your choice)
- 2 bowls of cooked rice (approx 330g cooked - 150g before cooking)
- Chopped green onion to garnish
- Soft boiled egg / raw egg yolk (pasteurized) optional
- Measure out all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium. Once hot, add a small drizzle of oil and the beef. Seal on both sides (don't cook all the way through).
- Once sealed, add the sauce and stir fry the meat for 1 minute 30 seconds. (Increase the heat to high if you want to thicken the sauce.)
- Remove the pan from the heat and prepare the bowls of rice.
- Arrange the meat on top of the rice and drizzle the sauce in the pan over the top.
- Top with chopped spring onion and a boiled egg (optional).
If you want to add vegetables to this dish, fry them before adding the beef. (You can use the same pan.)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: yakiniku, yakiniku don recipe, how to make yakiniku don, yakiniku recipe, how to make yakiniku at home, yakiniku sauce recipe, yakiniku sauce, how to make yakiniku sauce, Yakiniku donburi,Yakinikudon recipe,Yakiniku don, what kind of meat is yakiniku,what's in yakiniku sauce, easy yakiniku sauce, yakiniku beef bowl, japanese beef bowl, beef donburi, Japanese bbq meat, Japanese bbq beef,