How to make light and refreshing Japanese sunomono with cucumber, octopus and wakame seaweed. (タコときゅうりの酢の物) Serves 2-3.
- Add 2 tsp of soy sauce, rice vinegar and mirin to a small pan. Bring it to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes to burn off the alcohol.
- Once it's boiled for a minute or 2, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Add 1 tbsp of wakame to a bowl of cold water and soak it for a few minutes.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices, place it in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp salt. Use your hands to rub the salt over the cucumber and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut the octopus into bitesize pieces.
- Wash the cucumber under cold water and squeeze out the excess liquid. Drain the water from the wakame and place them in a bowl with the octopus.
- Add the cooled sauce and mix well.
- Dish up and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Best served immediately.
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Category: Sides
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: sunomono, sunomono recipe, how to make sunomono, sunomono salad, how to make sunomono salad, sunomono salad recipe, what is a sunomono salad, seafood sunomono, tako sunomono, octopus sunomono, sunomono sauce, sunomono meaning, tako sunomono salad