How to make tasty family favourite, Spaghetti Napolitan with sausage, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and ketchup sauce.
- 3 litres Water
- 2-3 Hot dog sausages
- 1/2 White onion
- 1/2 Green bell pepper
- 3 Brown button mushrooms
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp + 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 200g Spaghetti (1.7-1.8mm)
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- Dry parsley to garnish
- First, take a large pot and add 3 litres of water and bring it to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to heat up, cut the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms into slices.
- Cut the sausages diagonally into 1cm slices. (Approx 1/2 inch)
- Heat up a large pan on medium, once hot add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the sausage slices and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. (If you prefer softer onions, you can swap step 4 and 5)
- Add the bell pepper and mushroom, fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add 4 tbsp of ketchup and lower the heat to prevent the ketchup burning.
- Now add 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Mix well and allow the sauce to heat through.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Once your pot of water is boiling and add 1 tbsp salt.
- Add the spaghetti and cook according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Heat up a separate pan on medium and add a drizzle of oil. Crack in 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and fry to preference.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of the pasta water and add it into the pan with the meat and vegetables.
- Drain the rest of the water and transfer the pasta to the pan of sauce, return the pan to the heat. Mix well and allow to warm through.
- Add 1/2 tsp of grated parmesan, a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 more tbsp of ketchup. Mix well.
- Serve up and top with fried egg and a sprinkle of parsley.
You could also make this dish with bacon, ham and your preferred vegetables.
You can spice it up with some Tabasco sauce!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Fusion
- Method: Boiling/frying
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Spaghetti napolitan, Napolitan spaghetti, ketchup spaghetti, Japanese spaghetti, Japanese ketchup spaghetti, spaghetti napolitan Japanese, Japanese napolitan spaghetti, yokohama napolitan spaghetti, spaghetti napolitan recipe, how to make spaghetti napolitan,what is spaghetti napolitan, spaghetti napolitan history