How to make light and refreshing sashimi salad with homemade Japanese style "wafu dressing". (Serves 2 mains or 4 sides)
Homemade Wafu Dressing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp white toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 200g sashimi grade fish (salmon, tuna, red snapper etc) sliced
- 1 medium avocado cubed
- 100g (approx 8) mini tomatoes halved
- 30g (1 cup) baby leaf spinach
- 100-150g (4-5 cups) mixed lettuce leaves
- First, heat the soy sauce, mirin and sugar together in a small saucepan. Allow to boil for 30 seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer it to a small jug or bowl.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and mix. Store in the fridge until serving time.
- Place the washed and cut vegetables in a salad bowl and toss together.
- Arrange the sliced sashimi around the top of the salad.
- Drizzle with sauce and mix well before serving.
See in post for more sashimi / vegetable ideas.
Store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Add dressing to salad just before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cooling time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Salads / Seafood
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: sashimi salad, salmon sashimi salad, tuna sashimi salad, how to make sashimi salad, sashimi salad recipe, what is in sashimi salad, how to make sashimi salad dressing, sashimi salad dressing, japanese salad dressing, soy sauce salad dressing, wafu dressing, wafu salad dressing, Japanese salad, Japanese fish salad, Japanese soy dressing, Japanese sashimi recipe