How to make quick and easy, Teriyaki Cod (鱈の照り焼き).
- Boil 300ml water and pour it into a heatproof bowl.
- Place the cod fillets in the hot water and swish them around.
- Drain the boiling water and wash the cod fillets under cold water.
- Dry the surface of the cod with kitchen paper and coat with 1 tbsp potato starch. (Make sure it's covered on both sides.)
- Take a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp oil into the pan and let it heat up.
- Place the cod fillets in the pan with the skin side down.
- Fry until the skin is browned and crispy, then flip them over.
- Add 1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 ½ tbsp mirin, 1 ½ tbsp sake and 1 tsp sugar to the pan.
- Mix the fillets around in the sauce.
- Flip the cod so that both sides are covered in sauce. (Using a spatula is best because the cod is fragile and might break) Once the sauce is thick and glossy, remove it from the heat.
- Serve with rice and miso soup and enjoy! (Garnish with spring onion for extra colour!)
I've used cod in this recipe, but it works well with most white fish or salmon. See the post above for alternatives.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Fish
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Teriyaki Cod recipe, how to make teriyaki cod, teriyaki fish, how to make teriyaki sauce, teriyaki sauce recipe, homemade teriyaki sauce,teriyaki stir fry