How to make simple and delicious Pan Fried Teriyaki Salmon. Fresh salmon fillets fried in a pan and coated in a sweet and umami-rich Japanese glaze.
- Dry the surface of the salmon with kitchen paper and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper on each side.
- Coat the surface of the salmon with 1 tbsp potato starch. (Make sure it's covered on both sides.)
- Take a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Once it's hot, drizzle 1 tbsp oil into the pan.
- Place the salmon fillets in the pan with the skin side down and fry for approximately 4 minutes.
- Once the skin is brown and crispy, flip the salmon fillets and fry for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 ½ tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 ½ tbsp mirin, 1 ½ tbsp sake and 1 tsp sugar.
- Pour the sauce into the pan.
- Move the salmon around the pan so that the sauce sticks to it and spoon it over the top so the salmon is coated all over.
- Once the sauce is thick, glossy and the salmon is well covered, remove from the heat.
- Serve with rice and miso soup or your chosen sides, and enjoy! (Garnish with spring onion for extra colour!)
If you can't find mirin, you can add extra sugar.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Category: Fish
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Teriyaki salmon, salmon teriyaki, teriyaki salmon recipe, how to make teriyaki salmon, Japanese teriyaki recipe, easy teriyaki, pan fried teriyaki salmon, teriyaki glazed salmon, teriyaki sauce, teriyaki from scratch, teriyaki sauce for salmon, salmon teriyaki recipe japanese, teriyaki marinade for salmon, salmon with teriyaki glaze, teriyaki glazed salmon recipe