How to make rich and decadent Matcha White Hot Chocolate. A winter treat with a Japanese twist! (Makes 1 serving)
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder (1 being mildly matcha, 2 creating a stronger matcha taste)
- 2 tbsp freshly boiled water (30ml)
- 270ml milk of your choice
- 30g white chocolate broken into chunks
- 1/8 tsp vanilla essence
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Extra matcha powder for sprinkling (optional)
- Take a small bowl and add 1-2 tsp matcha powder and 2 tbsp freshly boiled water. Whisk until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Pour the milk into a sauce pan and add the matcha paste. Heat on low.
- Once the milk and matcha is incorporated, add the white chocolate chunks and vanilla essence.
- Continue to heat on low/medium-low, mixing continuously.
- Once it reaches approximately 60C/140F (or small bubbles appear around the edge) remove it from the heat and pour it into a mug.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of matcha powder.
Best consumed immediately.
Reheat on the stove if necessary.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Japanese / American
Keywords: matcha white hot chocolate, homemade matcha hot chocolate, hot chocolate with real chocolate, homemade white hot chocolate, matcha white hot chocolate recipe, how to make homemade hot chocolate, matcha chocolate latte, matcha hot chocolate, matcha white chocolate,