Simple, quick and tasty Japanese style "Wafu Pasta" made with mushrooms and bacon, then flavoured with butter and soy sauce.
- 160g (5.5 oz) Dry Spaghetti
- 1 handful of Spinach
- 100g (¾ cup) Mushroom of your choice (I used Shimeji and Eryngii)
- 40g (approx 1.5oz) Bacon
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Spring onion to garnish
- Add 160g of spaghetti to a pan of boiling water, sprinkle a pinch of salt. (Each pasta has different cooking times so check the packaging for the exact timing)
- Roughly cut a handful of spinach and 100g of mushrooms. Slice 40g of bacon into cubes.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tsp of vegetable oil and 2 tsp of unsalted butter.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in the butter.
- Once it's cooked through, add the spinach to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain the water and transfer the spaghetti to the frying pan with the bacon and vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Mix and serve. You can garnish with spring onion to add a bit of fresh colour and taste.
Use more than one type of mushroom for more texture and flavour.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Fusion
- Method: Boil/Fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: butter shoyu pasta, butter shoyu spaghetti, butter soy sauce spaghetti, butter soy sauce pasta, Japanese style spaghetti,spaghetti recipe,japanese spaghetti recipe,How to make Japanese spaghetti,bacon,mushroom,spinach,spaghetti,fusion,japanese italian,japanese pasta,soy sauce spaghetti,butter soy sauce pasta recipe,Japanese yoshoku pasta recipe,wafu pasta recipe, Japanese mushroom pasta, mushroom pasta, mushroom spaghetti, Japanese mushrooms,