How to make creamy, nutty and delicious Japanese style "goma" sesame dressing. Perfect for any salad, noodles or as a dipping sauce.
- 2 tbsp white toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Start with a medium size frying pan and add the sesame seeds.
- Turn the heat on to medium high and toast the seeds in the dry pan for a few minutes until fragrant. Make sure to shake the pan off the heat and move constantly to prevent burning.
- Take the sesame seeds off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds to a mortar and pestle and grind until you have a fine powder. (You can also use a food processor or coffee grinder if you're making a larger batch.)
- Once fine, pour the ground sesame into a container and add 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Mix well and enjoy on your favourite salad!
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
This recipe is enough for 1 salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Toasting / Mixing
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: sesame dressing, how to make sesame dressing, sesame dressing recipe, asian sesame dressing, kewpie sesame dressing, Japanese sesame dressing, Japanese salad dressing, goma dressing, asian sesame salad dressing, toasted sesame dressing, creamy sesame dressing