How to make Japanese style avocado egg salad with creamy wasabi mayo sauce. (Serves 3)
- Add soy sauce, mayonnaise, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds and wasabi to a mixing bowl and whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the avocado, boiled eggs and sashimi-grade salmon to the sauce and mix until everything is coated in the sauce (don't over-mix otherwise the avocado and eggs will break and become mushed together).
- For the best results, chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve in bowl and sprinkle with chopped spring onion and katsuobushi (optional).
The sashimi grade salmon can be substituted with smoked salmon.
If you decide to use smoked salmon, reduce the soy sauce.
Store in the fridge and consume within 24 hours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chilling Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: avocado salad, avocado egg salad, how to make avocado salad, avocado salad recipe, avocado tomato salad, salmon and avocado salad, wasabi avocado salad, Japanese avocado salad