How to make Izakaya Style "Addictive" Salted Cabbage (small batch serves 2)
- 100g Cabbage (approx 1 ¼ US cups)
- 1-2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- ½ tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder (I use Yuki Gurasupu)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- First, wash the cabbage and roughly cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Add your cabbage to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, ½ tbsp of chicken stock powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp garlic paste and ¼ tsp black pepper to the cabbage. (Alternatively you can mix them in a small bowl and add them to the cabbage already mixed.)
- With your hands, rub the seasoning over the leaves, making sure to evenly distribute it. (You don't want to end up with one very salty bite!)
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy with a beer or as a side at a BBQ!
This is a small batch recipe for 2 people. Feel free to double or triple!
If the recipe is too salty or not salty enough, you can adjust the ingredient amounts to suit your own tastes.
Best served straight away. (But you can keep it in the fridge for up to 1-2 hours if you really need to)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Sides
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Japanese salted cabbage salad recipe,Izakaya style cabbage salad,Japanese cabbage with salt and sesame oil,pickled green cabbage,japanese pickled vegetables recipe,Japanese pickled cabbage