How to make rich, sweet and delicious unagi sauce (Japanese sweet eel sauce) at home!
- 3 tbsp turbinado sugar (light brown with coarse texture)
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar (muscovado)
- 5 tbsp sake
- 5 tbsp mirin
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- Add the turbinado and muscovado sugar to a small saucepan and heat on medium.
- Once it starts to melt, add the sake and mirin. Stir occasionally while you bring it to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes and then turn the heat down to low.
- Add the soy sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Scoop out any foam that forms on the surface.
- Once thickened to a syrup-like consistency, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Simmering
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: unagi sauce, how to make unagi sauce, unagi sauce recipe, what is unagi sauce, recipe for unagi sauce, unagi sauce ingredients, eel sauce recipe, eel sauce, Japanese eel sauce, what is eel sauce, how to make eel sauce