Hey guys, Yuto here (@sudachi.recipe).
You Can Use Udon For Many Things
From cold to hot
Udon is a type of thick and chewy Japanese noodle made of wheat flour.
These noodles are a very versatile ingredient and can be used for a lot of dishes.
From cold udon to hot udon, there are many possible ways to use it.
Examples of Udon Dishes
- Kake Udon (かけうどん): In a hot dashi broth
- Zaru Udon (ざるうどん): Served cold with a cold dashi dipping sauce
- Bukkake Udon (ぶっかけうどん): Served hot or cold in a thicker, stronger dashi broth
- Kamaage Udon (釜揚げうどん): Served hot with a hot dashi dipping sauce
- Yaki Udon (焼うどん): Hot udon stir fried with vegetables and meat.
Salad Udon for Summer
Today's recipe, salad udon, is a refreshing dish especially good for summer.
As the name literally implies, it's udon with salad drizzled with a tasty sesame sauce.
You don't need meat in it, it's very nice without it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I supposed to drink the soup/sauce?
No, the soup/sauce is not to drink.Print