Chewy ramen noodles served in a rich and buttery miso broth, topped with seasoned pork, spinach, beansprouts, sweetcorn and green onion. (Serves 2)
- 1 tsp Butter
- 150g (6oz) Pork mince
- 4 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger finely diced
- 2 tbsp Spring onion white part, finely diced
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan chilli bean paste (Tobanjan)
Broth / Noodles
- 400ml Boiling water
- 1 tsp Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Awase miso paste
- 2 portions Ramen noodles
- 30g (1 cup) Spinach
- 100g (1 cup) Beansprouts
- 2 tsp Sweetcorn tinned
- 2 tsp Spring onion green part, finely sliced
- 2 tsp Butter
- Heat a pan on medium and add 1 tsp butter.
- Add finely diced garlic, ginger and spring onion (white part) to the pan and fry in the butter until fragrant.
- Add your 150g (6oz) pork mince, mix well and fry until the pork is cooked through.
- Add 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp mirin, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1/2 tsp Sichuan chilli bean paste.
- Stir the sauces in and continue to fry until the liquid is gone.
- Turn off the heat for now.
- In a heatproof measuring jug, mix 400ml of freshly boiled water with 1 tsp chicken stock and 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the cooked mince and turn the heat on to medium.
- Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Now it's time to add the miso. Place 1 1/2 tbsp of miso onto a mesh spoon or ladle, dip it into the soup and then whisk it to break it up. This technique makes it easier to incorporate the miso into the soup smoothly without lumps.
- Add the beansprouts to the broth to allow them to cook in the residual heat. (No need to turn the heat back on.)
- Cook your noodles according to the packaging and add the spinach to the water in the final minute.
- Dish up the noodles into a large bowl, pour the broth over the noodles and top with the pork, beansprouts and spinach.
- Garnish with spring onion (green part), sweet corn (straight from the tin is fine but you can microwave them if you prefer them warm.) and 1 tsp butter in each bowl.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Miso ramen recipe, butter miso ramen, how to make miso ramen, easy miso ramen, miso ramen broth, what is miso ramen, what miso for miso ramen, pork miso ramen, miso ramen soup,homemade miso ramen,easy miso ramen recipes, miso ramen with pork,miso ramen ingredients,