How to make quick and easy Japanese Teriyaki Chicken! Crispy pan fried chicken thigh coated in a sweet and delicious teriyaki sauce that only requires four ingredients!
- First, prepare the sauce. Mix 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp mirin, 2 tbsp sake and 1tsp sugar in a small bowl and put to one side.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium/high heat
- Add the chicken to the pan, skin-side first for 3 minutes
- Flip and continue to fry for 2 minutes
- Use paper towels to mop up the excess oil
- Pour the Teriyaki sauce from step 1 into the pan with the chicken
- When it starts to bubble, flip the chicken again and move around in the sauce to make sure it's all coated.
- Turn off the heat and serve with fluffy Japanese rice or even in a burger bun!.
You can serve with rice, salad or even in a burger bun! Delicious.
Chicken with skin is better but you can use your preferred part, breast or wings are also good!
If you can't find Sake then you can substitute with dry sherry or white wine.
The alcohol will be cooked away but if you really don't want to use it, you can just add water instead.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Meat
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: teriyaki,teriyaki chicken recipe,how to make japanese teriyaki chicken,quick Teriyaki chicken recipe,how to make teriyaki chicken from scratch,what is teriyaki made of,easy teriyaki recipe, teriyaki sauce, japanese teriyaki, teriyaki chicken, chicken teriyaki recipe,Japanese teriyaki chicken