How to make delicious, quick and easy Japanese Yaki Udon with tender chicken breast cooked in fragrant garlic butter, then stir fried with fresh vegetables, thick chewy udon noodles and soy sauce. (Serves 2)
- 2 portions udon noodles (pre-cooked, ready to use type)
- 200g chicken breast cut into bitesize pieces
- 130g green cabbage roughly cut
- 1/2 (50g) onion thinly sliced
- 1 whole (60g) bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated garlic (or garlic paste)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Prepare your ingredients. Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces, then the bell pepper and onion into thin slices and the cabbage into rough chunks.
- Heat a wok/frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the unsalted butter and grated garlic.
- Once the butter is melted and garlic paste is fragrant, add the chicken pieces and fry until the surfaces are sealed.
- Add the cabbage, onion, bell pepper then drizzle in the oyster sauce and half of the soy sauce. Stir fry until vegetables are softened slightly. (Approx 4 minutes)
- Next, add the udon noodles and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the soy sauce and a pinch of black pepper. Mix again and fry for 1 more minute.
- Dish up, drizzle with mayonnaise and garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: yakiudon,yaki udon,Yakiudon recipe,chicken yakiudon,Japanese stirfry,udon stirfry,what is yaki udon,what is the difference between yaki soba and yaki udon,Japanese udon noodles.chicken yaki udon, chicken yaki udon recipe,