How to make chewy Matcha and White Chocolate Cookies (抹茶ホワイトチョコレートクッキー）
- 110g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 100g White Sugar
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 180g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C).
- Mix 180g plain flour, 2 tsp matcha powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, cream 110g softened unsalted butter with 100g white sugar and 100g brown sugar together until well combined.
- Crack one large egg into the bowl with butter and sugar, then add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Mix in your dry ingredients until a dough has formed.
- Mix in 100g white chocolate chips (you can add more or less depending on your preference).
- Line your baking sheet with baking parchment and add the dough in scoops, about 1-2 tbsp big. Make sure to leave plenty of space between them as they will spread when baked. This mixture is about enough for 20 cookies.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Check on them after 5-6 minutes and keep an eye on them, take them out as soon as they start to brown on the edges. Don't let them brown completely, when you take them out they won't look cooked but I promise you, they are ready!
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.
The oven temperature is just a guide based on my experience, but if you have an electric fan oven then reduce the temperature and baking time a little.
When you take them out of the oven they will not look cooked, but they are! If you let them brown in the oven they will be crispy or hard rather than chewy.
Let them cool for 5 minutes before trying to move them or they will break.
Store them in an airtight container for up to a week. You can freeze them too! Make sure the container is airtight to prevent freezer burn.
If you prefer your cookies thicker, chill in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before putting them in the oven. (This reduces the spread of the cookies.) Don't let them get too cold though, otherwise they won't spread enough.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Matcha Cookies Recipes, Matcha White Choc Chip Cookies, Matcha cookies easy, chewy Matcha cookie recipe, Japanese matcha cookie, matcha cookies best,matcha cookies chocolate, matcha cookies butter