How to make quick and easy Buta Kimuchi. Thinly sliced pork lightly coated in flour and fried, then stir fried with onions, garlic and crunchy cabbage kimchi.
- 200g Pork shoulder thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Weak flour
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 White onion sliced
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 200g Cabbage kimchi
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Tsuyu sauce
- 30g Chinese chives
- 2 tsp Toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- 1 tbsp Spring onion green part, sliced (optional garnish)
- Start by sprinkling the surface of the thinly sliced pork with salt and pepper.
- Next, lightly coat the pork with weak flour.
- Heat a frying pan on medium and add 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Add 1 clove of finely chopped garlic and 1 tsp finely chopped ginger to the pan and fry until fragrant.
- Add the pork to the pan and brown the surfaces.
- Once browned, add the sliced onion to the pan and fry until it reaches your preferred firmness. (I like the onion to be quite soft.)
- Add 1 tsp of oyster sauce the 200g of kimchi (including the juice from the kimchi).
- Mix well and add 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp of tsuyu sauce.
- Stir fry for a few minutes until the kimchi is heated through.
- Add Chinese chive to the pan and stir fry for another 1 minute.
- Dish up and sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced spring onion.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Buta Kimuchi Itame, Buta Kimuchi recipe, Buta kimchi, How to make buta kimuchi, buta kimchi recipe, pork and kimchi stir fry, buta kimchi stir fry recipe,