How to make Japanese Yaki Udon
- 540g Ready to use udon noodles (or 300g dry udon)
- 200g Chicken breast
- 130g Green Cabbage
- 1/2 Onion
- 60g Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Chopped spring onion
- If you’re using dry udon, boil them first following the instructions on the packaging. If you’re using soft udon you can skip this step.
- Cut 200g of chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Roughly cut 130g of green cabbage and slice half an onion.
- Cut the bell pepper into length way strips.
- Heat the frying pan on a medium-high heat with 1 tsp unsalted butter and 1 tsp garlic paste.
- Once the butter and garlic paste and melted, add the chicken pieces and fry until the edges are sealed.
- Add the cabbage, onion, bell pepper, 1 tbsp oyster sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Mix and fry until vegetables are softened.
- Next, add the udon noodles and mix, fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add one more tbsp of soy sauce and a pinch of black pepper. Mix again and fry for 1 more minute.
- Dish up and drizzle with mayonnaise.
You can change the vegetables or vegetable quantities to suit your own tastes.
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: yakiudon,yaki udon,Yakiudon recipe,chicken yakiudon,Japanese stirfry,udon stirfry,is yaki-udon healthy,what is yaki udon,what is the difference between yaki soba and yaki udon,Japanese udon noodles.