How to make homemade Sukiya stye Japanese Gyudon with delicious dashi broth.
- Cut the beef to into thin slices, about 4-5cm long
- Roughly cut the onion into slices
- Pour 300ml of water into a deep pan and bring it to the boil
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, white wine and tsuyu to the boiling water
- Cook for 5 mins on a low heat
- Add the beef to the pan and cook for a further 5 mins still on low
- Add the onion and continue to cook for 10 more minutes, keeping the heat low.
- Serve on the top of a bowl of hot rice and pour a few spoonfuls of the sauce left in the pan over the beef and rice. (Optional step – Garnish with spring onions and red picked ginger)
- Tsuyu sauce is not so easy to find if you do not live somewhere with an asian supermarket, try out our recipe for homemade tsuyu sauce here!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: gyudon,beef rice bowl,beef bowl,sukiyaki,japanese gyudon recipe,how to make japanese gyudon,sukiya style gyudon recipe,gyudon sauce recipe,the best gyudon recipe